Continuity is a new feature in iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite that allows users to easily move between their iOS device and Apple computer. With this feature you can receive and answer phone calls and SMS messages directly from your computer, as well as start typing an email on your iPad using the mail app and instantly continue from your computer. Awesome, right?
However, not all devices are compatible with this feature. You’ll need a device with iOS 8 and a computer with OS X Yosemite installed on it. Users with older hardware will be out of luck, as this feature can only be used on more recent hardware.
Continuity is compatible with these Mac Models:
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 and later)
- iMac (Late 2012 and later)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 and later)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
And these iOS devices:
- iPhone 5 or later
- iPhone 4s (sharing iPhone calls only)
- iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad Air 2
- iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini 3
- iPod touch (5th generation)